Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Show Must Go On

This is my living room. It is also my studio. Don't feel too sorry for me; it's a big space. We have a sofa and a TV, and other living room accoutrement. Even still, I thought I'd be in a great studio location by now. Studio or not, the show must go on. I need to make four sculptures by the end of the year. The scale models need to be done before I can even start on the five-foot ones. Here I go.

The silver lining in all of this is that I am saving a tremendous amount of money. For this project, my budget is very, very tight and I need to stretch my dollars as far and as wide as I am able. So, I sculpt in my living room, listen to Pandora, drink coffee brewed by me just the way I like it, and enjoy the time alone.

Nonetheless, a grand studio project is underway. It involves more people and more money, so the logistics are still being worked out. Stay tuned...

No comments: